Pre-registration and registration
Application forms for PhD (RD99/2011)
- The pre-registration process should be performed using the form on the website https://postgrau.uib.es/
We kindly recommend that you contact the PhD programme coordinator before starting pre-enrolment.
In order to formalise your application, you need to fill in all the details requested in the computer application process. The application shall not be deemed submitted until you click on 'Formalise application'. Once finalised, you will receive an e-mail with a receipt of the application.
In terms of documentation that you need to attach to your pre-enrolment:
- You must attach a fully readable .pdf scan or the original document with your digital signature.
- Each document type must contain the full information required. You need to attach each document in the corresponding tab: ID, qualification, certificate, language accreditation, CV, etc.
- In the 'Research plan' tab, you will need to write a summary of your research plan and state the area of research where your doctoral thesis lies.
- Where you have contacted a UIB lecturer beforehand, you need to state this in the 'Referee' section. If this person is not associated with the UIB, you will need to attach their CV.
- Students with overseas qualifications will need to follow the instructions at the following link: https://edoctorat.uib.eu/en/Alumnat/Titulacions_estrangeres/
- Those interested in obtaining one of the places reserved for individuals with a disability equal to or above 33% must attached their disability certification or accreditation level issued by the Clearinghouse of the Directorate General for Dependency, Social Services and Cooperation of the Regional Government of the Balearic Islands or the relevant body.
Specificities of the required documentation:
- Valid ID: front and back.
- Admission qualification: front and back.
- Personal academic transcript certificate showing the average mark: all pages.
- IMPORTANT: You do not need to attach either the admission qualification or personal transcript for courses taken at the UIB.
Students already on Master's programmes:
You need to have finished and paid the certificate issuance fees before the pre-enrolment deadline passes.
Attached digital documents are accepted provisionally and must be copies of the originals or documents with a digital signature. The latter exempt you from having to submit the original. After enrolling and up to 31st January, the originals and a copy of the attached scans without a digital signature must be submitted to the administration services of the Doctoral School or be duly certified and sent by post. The only certification valid for these purposes shall be that issued by a registered Spanish notary public or by delegations of provincial governments. In turn, certifications issued by the home university shall be accepted as long as they include the fee payment receipt.
- For registration consult the section "Procedures" as well as the section "Procedures for doctorates" on this website.
The thesis' forms can be consulted in Doctoral thesis - Procedures and forms section
General application model (If you want to obtain a sealed copy of your application, you must provide the original application and its copy).